Greetings from the staff and board members!
We are creating a unique, month-long virtual celebration in the form of an Advent Calendar—our very own Julekalender for the whole family!
There will be something exciting for your family to do every day until Christmas, beginning on December 1. Simply register, and then visit the above link which is the Julekalender! ! Click on the link for that day of the Julekalender for new content eveyday! A cheerful video made by family and friends of Giants will lift your spirits as you follow through the experience for that day. Offerings include Scandinavian food and ornament-making tutorials, music videos, an Advent Sunday candle-lighting series, stories and history, and much more—all leading up to our Virtual Juletrefest on Dec. 23!
It’s easy to register your family. Simply fill out this form or call 507.498.5070 and Violet or Stacy will register you! Be sure to let them know if you have children who will be participating
We are packing a free Julegavepakke (Christmas Gift Box) for you! If you live near the Heritage Center you can pick up your Julegavepakke at the Gift Shop Entrance. But, you must register so we can make one for you.
If you are from out of town, we will send this special package to you for a modest shipping fee. Please register right away for adequate mailing time.
Did you know that The Gift Shop is open every day Tuesday through Saturday from 10AM until 5PM from now through the month of December? There are many lovely Christmas gifts, plus items for enhancing your creativity, baking, entertaining, and giving during the Julekalender days. Look for baking molds, tree decorations, mugs for libations, clothing, books, candles, cards, and other Scandinavian specialties.
Velkommen til vår Julekalender and Virtual Juletrefest! A month of Scandinavian-inspired family connection and celebration!
Welcome back! Gather your family and record your heritage with GIANTS! genealogy historical preservation film festival
Find out more about volunteer opportunities, fundraising events, and ways to get our message to your community.
Contact Karen Gray President of our Board at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Fried Executive Director email@example.com
Katie O'Regan Director of Development firstname.lastname@example.org
Genetic Genealogy John Storlie: John@storlie.og
Traditional Genealogy: Georgia Rosendahl
Judy Tollesfrud Membership email@example.com
163 West Main Street, Spring Grove, Minnesota 55974, United States
(917) 456-6967 Director of Development Katie O'Regan for tickets and festival information and donations at: Katiegiantsoftheearth@gmail.com For Genealogy membership and tours contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
10:00 am – 05:00 pm
Monday through Saturday 10-5 We are open for business!
The GIANTS fundraiser was held Friday September 11 at 5 pm at The beautiful new MCal Grove Country club in Caledonia, MN!.
The seven time Emmy award winning Mr. Ed Asner was our guest of honor. It was a blast!
We Collect, Create, Educate, Preserve and Protect the Past for the Future!
Stay tuned for festival highlights and awards next week!
September 25th 2020
Filmmaker Awards “Spring Grove International Film Festival” Inaugural Festival September 11-13th 2020
1) “Three Bells” Director Jake Griggs. 1) Most Inspiring short film.2) Best Wisconsin Filmmaker Award.
2) ”1000 Miles to Nome” Director David Mabel & Steve Cannon
Best Nature Feature Award.
3) “16 to Life” Director Becky Smith.
Best Iowa Feature Film Award.
4) Trilogy of Shorts films. “Inner Peace” “Pretty Ugly Dreams” “The Space of Peace” Director Svern Lang. Best Iowa Short Filmmaker Award.
5) “The Butterfly Effect” Directed by Deb Wallwork and Janet Bayliss.
Best Butterfly Film in Category Award.
6) “The Dental Plan” Director Wayne Diu.
Best Action Film Award.
7) “Cookophony” Director Joe Chavala.
1) Best Dance Film Director in Festival Category Award.
2) Best Dance Cast Award.
8) “The Wolf” Director/Writer M.R. Fitzgerald.
1) Best psychological Intellectual Script “The Wolf” M.R. Fitzgerald.
2) Best Cinematography 10-30-minute category.
9) ”The Chair” Director Ronnie Cramer.
Best Animation Award.
10) “Blake” Directed by David Busch.
Most heartwarming Short Film.
11) “The Business of Autism” Director Stephen Mackey.
Best Film in Autism Category Award.
12) “Beauty Brains and Personality” Writer/Director Emmet Loverde.
1)Best scripted Feature.
2) Best Film Marketer Award.
13) “The One and Only Jewish Miss America” Director David Around.
Best Documentary Feature Award.
14) “Father and Father” Directors Michael Baumgarten & Art Camacho.
Best Short Action Film Award.
15) “Master Servant” Director Julie Koehnen.
1) Best Short Film Minnesota Filmmaker Award.
2) Best Costumes in Festival Award.
16) “On Top of The World” Director Kevin Isaacson.
Special Director Media Award for film and podcast work.
17) “Maids” Director Sofia Castro.
Best International dance film award.
18) “Senior Entourage” Director Brian Connors.
1) Best Supporting Actress Marion Ross.
2) Best Actors Lifetime Achievement acting awards, Mr. Ed Asner and Mr. Mark Rydell.
3) Best special supporting actor award David Lockhart.
4) Best Singer Award Helen Reddy.
5) Best Director/Writer. Brian Connors.
6) Best Bit Player Zia Jamali.
7) Best Producers Award Teresa Porter, Zia Jamali.
19 ) “Good Men” Director/Writer Brian Connors.
1) Best Actor of the festival. Mr. Ed Asner.
2) Best short script 10-minute category award.
20) “The Blue Butterfly” Directed by Gina Meinertz.
Best short family historical creative film Minnesota Award.
The DREAM CAFE MUSICAL! by Katie O'Regan
"Welcome to Rhymeington, USA where the Dream Café & Spa is ready to heal what ails you. Lovers, dreamers, parents, workaholics and sometimes, even angels find themselves transformed and inspired in this entertaining SELF-HELP MUSICAL comedy! A show for the entire family!"
As a special fundraiser for the UP-coming Spring Grove International Film Festival, there will be a live staged reading with nine characters of the "The Dream Cafe" by Katie O'Regan. No singing is in the show. The reading will be approximately 1:45 minutes. The beautiful barn is outdoors so bring some sunscreen!
A very talented group of actors will be on microphone and on book to entertain you while you sit on the beautiful lawn at the Ye Olde Gray Barn Theater! Family Friendly and full of fun!
The Special premiere of Ed Asner Spring Grove Soda will be available for purchase and popcorn and many surprises! Food cannot be brought to the show due to covid.
Marked circles for social distance will be in place and masks are asked to be worn.
A special cast of guest artists will be in this production!
Movie In the works! Stay Tuned!
Copyright © 2020 GIANTS of the Earth Heritage Center - All Rights Reserved.